In order to optimize the results submitted in your reports, Commanders Act allows you to exclude IP addresses in MixCommander’s Options Menu.
The goal is to allow you to retain only conversions generated by actual customers in your reports, excluding IP addresses used internally by your firm, by your partners for testing, or by robots.
To access the IP exclusion interface, click the “Options” tab > “IP Exclusion”:
You have two options:
- Excluding a single IP. To do so enter a name for the IP (e.g.: “Internal IP”) and its value, and then click the “Add” button on the upper right side of the interface:
- Excluding an IP range. To do so enter a name for the IP (e.g.: “Partner X IP”) and its value range, and then click the “Add” button on the upper right side of the interface:
Conversions from IP addresses you have excluded are not taken into account in your reports in order to not distort the results with conversions not made by your actual customers.
Note: You will notice that among the excluded IP adresses, there are some labeled “Auto :”. This indicates that they are automatically excluded by Commanders Act.
The exclusion rule is defined as follows: The IP + user agent combination must be associated to +1000 clicks, page views or conversions. The date on which an IP is excluded appears next to the “Auto:” label.
Commanders Act offers a list of default paid and natural channels. However, if the default names of the latter do no suit you, you may rename them to your liking.
The channel renaming interface is available on the “Options” tab > “Channel Identification”.
To rename your channel, click the “Edit” button to the right of the channel (pencil icon), and complete the “Alias” column with the name of your choice (2):
In your reports, you will see the channel name you selected instead of the channel’s original name.
You may also create new channels. To do so, click the “Options”>”Channel identification” tab, then the “Add Channel” button (1).
In the window that pops up: Enter the name of your Channel (1), the alias (i.e., the name that will be displayed in the reports available on the interface.)(2), the expected values for the “chn” parameter in the redirection URLs and impression pixels (3) and the channels category (4).
You can have your new channel added automatically to the existing attribution models by clicking “Yes“. Should you choose to not add it automatically, simply select the “Thanks. I’ll do it myself option (5)”. In case you choose “yes” in the step before, you will have the option to consider clicks only or clicks and impressions in the already created attribution models (6).
By default, two channel categories are proposed in the interface:
- “Paid” for paid channels (1)
- “Natural” for natural channels (2):
If you do not like these channel categories, you may rename them to your liking or create new ones.
The channel creation interface is available on the “Options” tab > “Channel Identification”. To create a new category, click the “TagCommander Categories” button (1):
A window pops up. Enter the category name (1) and click the “+” to add it (2):
To include channels in your new categories, click the “Edit” button to the right of the channel (1) and select the category of your choice from the dropdown menu (2):
Note: By creating channel categories you can prioritize certain channels over other in your attribution models.
To include data in your reports according to your selected currency, Commanders Act provides the option of configuring currency exchange rates in the interface.
You may manage the currency exchange rate by clicking the “Options” tab > “Currency Exchange Rates”:
By default, the currency exchange rate is automatically updated in the tool every month: Commanders Act uses currency rates provided by http://www.xe.com.
The reference currency is the European Euro.
If you would like to personalize the currency exchange rates, you must be a site administrator.
Start by clicking the “Edit” icon (1):
A window pops up with 3 configuration options:
1) – Automatic: automatic configuration allows you to update currency exchange rates automatically at regular intervals. The exchange rates are taken from http://www.xe.com.
By selecting automatic mode, you may customize the update frequency:
- In the “Periodicity” section (1), indicate whether you want the updates to be daily, weekly, monthly, or annual.
- In the “Cycle” section (2), enter “1” if you would like the updates to be every day/week/month/year, “2” if you would like it to be every two days/months/weeks/years, etc.
2) – Manual: manual configuration allows you to update currency exchange rates manually.
Simply select the country of your choice from the list (1) and indicate the exchange rate to apply (2).
3) – FTP: FTP configuration allows you to upload your own exchange rate file in the interface so that your internal correspondences will be referenced in Commanders Act’s interface.
By selecting FTP mode, you may personalize various elements:
- In the “General Configuration” section (1), indicate whether you want the updates to be daily, weekly, monthly, or annual (“Periodicity”) and the update cycle (“Cycle”).
- In the “FTP Configuration” section (2), indicate all the elements (Host, Port, Password.) allowing us to access your FTP in order to download the currency equivalency file.
- In the “File Configuration” section (3), specify the format, name, and separator for the currency equivalency file TagCommander needs to download.