The “RULES” step allows you to create your tag activation rules.
You can manage how your tags and events are called by using the four tabs displayed in the left menu (1):
- The “Summary” tab provides you with an overview of the created rules per tag and event.
- The “Triggers” tab allow you to create triggers for your tags. Triggers are rules allowing to execute tags on different conditions: container loaded, DOM Ready, clicks, form submissions, scroll and custom events.
- The “Perimeters” tab allows you to create perimeters for your tags. Perimeters are the page types for which you want to activate your tags (for example: the homepage, “my account” page, product page, etc.).
- The “Constraints” tab allows you to create constraints for your tags and events. Constraints are rules based on criteria other than the page type (for example: rules based on visitor status, the type of browser or device, etc.) Note: You must use constraints if you want to create a rule for an event.
- The “Deduplication” tab allows you to implement deduplication rules for your tags.